Saturday, November 13, 2010

Back to live play

Its mid-November so that means its time to shake off the rust and enter the cage for the fight that is no limit hold em. Its an annual event. The weather turns and less time is spent outside doing yardwork, drinking in beer gardens, and Drinking for Jesus.

I got a text with the simple inquiry. Poker tonight? I looked at the phone number and wondered who it was? It came from a 509 area code. A couple seconds later I was pretty sure I knew who it was. A couple minutes later I figured I would play. The text came from someone I had met in the old Badger Poker days and have seen at some of the church smokers.

He has been sending me texts about poker games for the last couple years. He had a knack for finding times that I was out of town. Interesting thing, I was suppose to be out of town this weekend but plans fell through. Now that I was in town it sounded like a great idea. The persistency in the texts paid off.

I haven't played any live poker since Mastodon Weekend. The game should be similar. Tournament followed by cash games. My goal tonight is simple. Win. Don't embarrass myself and bust out early. I better bring some extra beer just in case I end up watching the Badger hockey game.

No comments: