Friday, October 06, 2006

Don't spit on my mind

We are the people,
we are the masses you are for
We give the power and our desire must be your law
Don´t think I´m standing here all alone, one of a kind
Don´t think because you´re still there
Means that we are all blind
Don´t spit on my mind
-Helloween


Now that my anger is gone, I have stepped back and read what others (more informed) have to say. The amount of money that is being lost by fellow bloggers is amazing and quite sad. I didn't have any big affiliate deals. I was never that motivated. I just have the ads.


I did cash out of a few sites, sites that I had planned to cash out of anyway. My money still sits at Stars (where I am trying to clear a bonus) and Full Tilt. I will clean up and consolidate, something I should have done already.


I have seen some comments that I consider amazingly stupid. Pointing the finger of blame at Frist is certainly right. I don't blame the people who voted for the bill. I blame Frist for not allowing Congress to vote on the gaming bill's merits.


For some people to cry that it is yet another civil liberty being taken away is ridiculous. Face it, the Patriot Act hasn't hurt you. The government hasn't been listening in on your phone calls. They are not tracing what you are doing on the internet. 9-11 was not an inside job. Yes, to say this is part of the war on terror is ridiculous on the senators who made that claim. But to claim it is just another thing this administration is doing to take away your rights is equally stupid. Now is not the time to push your own political agenda.



So what do we do now? Sit around and mope? Of course not! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! I say you grab a bottle of your favorite adult beverage, take a swig, and do something about it.


For crying out loud, if you haven't joined the Poker Players Alliance by now, what are you waiting for? They are leading the fight for us. Take the time to give something back. Each time they rally the troops urging us to call our "leaders", do so. And vote next month.


We can make our voice be heard. Sometimes it just takes a little longer than we like.


But don't let them spit on your mind.

1 comment:

Buffalo66 said...

I've lost all faith in the PPA. Just my opinion, but they haven't done nearly enough to bring this issue in the public eye/mainstream media. I did the phone campaign thing.

This bill took food off my table. While I am a libertarian, I'm not concerned about civil liberties - I'm concerned about getting my money and paying my bills.