Thursday, February 23, 2006

What are you doing here?

You should be off reading Dr. Pauly. Click on the banner because I am too lazy to put in the link.

I have been going through the ups and downs of tournament poker lately. Had some really bad beats. No, I won't talk about them. I am holding to the old adage that if you get all your chips in with the best hand, that is the best you can do.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

This pro/am tourney going in Hollyweird seems pretty interesting. Wil Wheaton is doing well. I can't be the only one that noticed he has been running well lately. It would be nice to see him take one down.

I would like to play one of these events. Yeah, we all would but I would for a different reason. The Tilt Factor. For starters, I would wear a Bush/Cheney t-shirt. That would get the Hollywood crowd in an uproar. Oh, they would begin to hate me with a passion.

Second, I would stay quiet. I would only toss out little barbs in response to comments. Avoid confrontation. Heck, I would be there to have fun. And get polluted. I would be drinking beer from beginning to end.

I think that would be the winning strategy. The shirt alone would irritate this crowd. Even better would be the minority that would come up to you and silently agree with you.

Just another way to play the psychological side of poker.

No comments: